Godaddy.com “Redesign” FAIL
Today GoDaddy unveiled a redesign of their homepage. It’s incredibly “web2.0″ with a whole bunch of slick gradients. Too bad it’s like 5 years too late. We use GoDaddy quite a bit for domain registration (matter o’ fact, I personally bought 2 domains last week) so the Need for a redesign was quite apparent (view the waybackmachine). However… this one is a couple french fries short of a Happy Meal.
I’ll start with the cons:
- It’s still a complicated mess. A cluster-[insert 4 letter word here]. At one glance I can’t find anything I want to… except Danica Patrick. Who is hott/hawt/xxxHOTxxx, but NASCAR Indy doesn’t make me want to buy a domain.
- UPDATE: After looking at the code again, I noticed it’s a TABLE LAYOUT! SINNNNNNERRRRR!
- The rounded corners are doing nothing. Rounded corners are supposed to sooth the reader and the content into place, make it “feminine” if you will.
- The <title> tag doesn’t even have the company’s name in it. Granted this may be a GOOGLE HAXX, but it’s generally assumed you should include the Company Name in there.
- I get Dale Jr. and Danica, but I don’t know who Amanda and Candice are and/or why I should choose them to help me buy a domain. I’m pretty sure they’re strippers.
- Danica Patrick is hott/hawt/xxxHOTxxx(?)
- The login form is more accessible than it was before. Good Job Go Daddy!